The client needed a WAP site so their end-users could make secure payments from mobile devices to third-party merchants.
The core requirement was to have the site support different modes of payment including credit cards, bank accounts, deposits, DirectPay and TrustCash ACH.
- The client required minimal and secure data exchange between the server and themselves.
- The device was to be independent from the modular architecture in order to permit integration with third party merchants.
- We were restrained from directly manipulating the payment databases of the third-party merchants.
- We had to coordinate with stakeholders in three different locations.
How Optimus Helped:
We completed this project in four distinctive phases:
- OptimusMobility first created a WAP 2.0 server by implementing J2EE 1.6 (Hibernate 3.X and Spring) and MySQL. This was the rendering engine of the system serving the pages based upon the device from where the request originated. A secure log of transactions was maintained that did not retain any data that would violate user’s privacy. Since we wanted to integrate the WAP rendering engine with the payment servers, we implemented a set of APIs in PHP. Throughout this implementation, our team had to work around inconsistencies in the API’s specifications.
- A proxy server was created to play the role of a web-to-WAP-converter, permitting modification of the pages being served by the web server into WAP pages. A POC was created to explain how a WAP page could be made based upon a web page.
- In phase 3 we created WAP sites for some third-party merchants using a framework to route payments for purchases done on the client’s sites.
- Finally, Optimus’ team did the knowledge transfer and trained the client to carry out successful deployments for their customers.
Like this article? Share it.
Comprehensive Cross-Platform Mobile App Development Service
OptimusMobility offers a comprehensive Cross-Platform Mobile App Development service.
Related Case Studies
Join business leaders and mobile professionals receiving our monthly newsletter.
Sign up now